What is ISO 14001:2015?
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes. By completing ISO 14001 certification your organisation can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHO IS IT FOR?
ISO 14001 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system and can be certified to. It maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
Designed for any type of organization, regardless of its activity or sector, it can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
Benefits of ISO 14001
It is becoming more and more important to demonstrate that organisations are thinking about their environmental impact and putting in place systems that will not only benefit the environment but will also reduce costs and improve efficiency within the organisation.
The benefits of showing conformance to the ISO 14001 standard are numerous:
- Cost savings in waste, recycling and consumption
- Advantage over competitors when tendering for business
- Management of environmental risks
- Compliance with individual countries environmental regulations
- Demonstrates your commitment to improving the environment
- Shows you are a responsible future focused organisation
- Can reduce insurance cover costs
- Can increase employee engagement in the knowledge that they are working in an environmentally friendly organisation
What is the starting point for any business entity wishing to start implementing the standard?
Quite simply, it is possible to seek the assistance of a specialized consultancy body, which is (IQDC) Consulting Company, which has practical experience and a team of qualified consultants who hold specialized certificates, which distinguishes the company from other entities, and allows it to qualify various organizations to achieve the international certificates.